The Allied Huggable Fluffies of Kitabo is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Leland Gaunt with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, restrictive gun laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 26.364 billion Kitaboans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.0%.
The enormous but inefficient Kitaboan economy, worth a remarkable 1,802 trillion quads a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 68,370 quads, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens cannot change their light bulbs without approval from an international committee, intellectual snobbery has the cognoscenti sneering at anyone who doesn't have an opinion on the semiological drift of Umberto Eco's works, Kitabo City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, and morale within the seismologist community has hit rock bottom. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Kitabo's national animal is the likito, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kitabo was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Kitabo's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The United States of Valley of Diamonds.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Rebellious Revenants of Pallaith.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Catspaw.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Kingdom of Reannia.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Republic of The Union Of Socialist Romania.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Federation of Vancouvania.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The United Commonwealth of The Rossinite Empire.
- : Kitabo was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Catgirl.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Sankami, Yaorozu, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Plembobria, Territorio di Nessuno, Shadowrik, Sunto, Sil Dorsett, Sereeno, SORT, Nesseus, Xentherida, Guslantis, Siwale, Holy Oranz, Cyanos, Malta Comino Gozo, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Hong Kong Empire, Religioncord, Selfgradatude, Novo England, Neu-Klagenfurt, Apetopia, Moubarakistan, Morrn, Frances Francis the First of France, Kingdom of Space, Bharathvarsh, Upper Portlandia, Enosville, Bohseon, Wisconsota, French Bananastan, Maddland, SchoolHouse rock, Crodaria, Elspeth and Samina, Ovsterland, Vazali, Kaschovia, The Kyziban Islands, Valkyrie Islands, Lord Ravenclaw, Valdr, Empy, Plescori, American MapleStory, Omicron Persei V111, and 14 others.Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, Brandenburg-Magdeburg, Alice Gardens, South Grand Mountain, The Mazur Empire, HMS Unicorn, Catgirl, The Rossinite Empire, Vancouvania, The Union Of Socialist Romania, Reannia, Catspaw, Pallaith, and Valley of Diamonds.