The Empire of Kiren4ik is a large, efficient nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 56 million Kiren4ikians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Spirituality are also considered important, while International Aid and Welfare aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 5.7%.
The very strong Kiren4ikian economy, worth 3.63 trillion geregs a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 64,796 geregs, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,069 per year while the poor average 14,667, a ratio of 14.6 to 1.
A large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, citizens are barcoded to keep track of their movements, every week is blindness awareness week, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kiren4ik's national animal is the cobra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kiren4ik's influence in Refugia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kiren4ik's influence in Refugia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kiren4ik was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry, and Largest Soda Pop Sector and the Top 10% for Fattest Citizens and Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Kiren4ik's influence in Refugia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kiren4ik altered its national flag.
- : Kiren4ik relocated from Europeia to Refugia.
- : Kiren4ik relocated from Lone Wolves United to Europeia.
- : Kiren4ik relocated from The Pacific to Lone Wolves United.
- : Following new legislation in Kiren4ik, the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry.
- : Following new legislation in Kiren4ik, every week is blindness awareness week.