The Democracy of Kingdom of Space is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Ryo Sato with an even hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, state-planned economy, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, cheerful population of 10.242 billion Spaceans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vancouver. The income tax rate is 100%.
The powerhouse Spacean economy, worth a remarkable 2,088 trillion Space Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is an amazing 203,904 Space Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Conspiracy theorists allege that the government is spying on them through their carbon monoxide detectors, withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats, every week is blindness awareness week, and autopsies often involve only cursory examination. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kingdom of Space's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kingdom of Space's influence in Canada rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Kingdom of Space, autopsies often involve only cursory examination.
- : Following new legislation in Kingdom of Space, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Kingdom of Space, withdrawal of support for drug addicts is leaving many with cold sweats.
- : Kingdom of Space's influence in Canada rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kingdom of Space was endorsed by The Green Isle of Stormaen.
- : Kingdom of Space voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Severisen".
- : Kingdom of Space was endorsed by The Familial Spirits of Devil Heart.
- : Kingdom of Space was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kingdom of Space was endorsed by The Zombie hunters of Almonaster Nuevo.