The People's Republic of Kilko is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its ubiquitous missile silos, hatred of cheese, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 566 million Kilkoanese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kilkmano. The average income tax rate is 42.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Kilkoan economy, worth 17.9 trillion floroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Trout Farming, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,663 floroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy', and drug-related crimes carry the death penalty. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kilko's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kilko was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Kilko was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Kilko voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Kilko voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, drug-related crimes carry the death penalty.
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, the government is pouring money into 'Operation Enduring Democracy'.
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication.
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, landless farmers wander forlornly in the government's many national parks.
- : Following new legislation in Kilko, the Fashion Channel can only be viewed on widescreen TVs.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Northern Nivaria, New Fania, Krystalveil, Tamsalin, The Soylent Green Party, Ao Kuang, Itic, Nooooooooooooooo, Evertopia, Mulia Easamandringordia, Nilveroe, Dustwind, Anisopterra, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Vivolkha, United gaelic, Waitiki, Kachikawawa, Greenmont Federation, The Republic of Osea, Islands of Czechia, Liberdon, Lisokyo, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, and HumanSanity.