The Empire of Khone is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Magnus Thane with an iron fist, and renowned for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.097 billion Khoneans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Schendelbeke. The average income tax rate is 80.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Khonean economy, worth 78.0 trillion denariis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 37,217 denariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities, punitive tariffs protect local industry, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Khone Blood Tithe, and the countryside is shrouded by wind farms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Khone's national animal is the scorpion, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Khone's influence in Eurth rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Khone's influence in Eurth rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Khone was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates, Most Secular, and Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian and Largest Governments.
- : Khone's influence in Eurth rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Khone relocated from Lazarus to Eurth.
- : Following new legislation in Khone, the countryside is shrouded by wind farms.
- : Following new legislation in Khone, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Khone Blood Tithe.
- : Following new legislation in Khone, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in Khone, citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities.
- : Following new legislation in Khone, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.