The Socialist Republic of Kergstan is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Okja Nerkutoa with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.413 billion Kergstanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almatar. The average income tax rate is 98.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Kergstani economy, worth a remarkable 1,140 trillion Tares a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 135,545 Tares, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's atlases tend to go out of date every few weeks, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster, dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, and therapists dispense hugs for heroin dealers and cuddles for crackheads. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kergstan's national animal is the Horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kergstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Red Fleet".
- : Kergstan was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Lucky Easter Egg Grabber of Radicalania.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Bolshevik State of Revolutionary Republic of Serenov.
- : Kergstan endorsed The Federal People's Republic of The Union of Malaysian Socialists.
- : Kergstan endorsed The Workers and Peasants Union of Unitary Transcaucasia.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Federal People's Republic of The Union of Malaysian Socialists.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Workers and Peasants Union of Unitary Transcaucasia.
- : Kergstan's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Confederation of Republics of Huelistan.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Feyrisshire, Shamian, Egaleca, Kethania, Kedabunon, Melito, Blakkland, Systemtopia, Marxmeans, New Soviet States of America, Gong Ren, Eyckman, Yevaryia, Internationalist Soviets, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Land of Justinian, The Steephills, Huelistan, Unitary Transcaucasia, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, and Radicalania.