The Socialist Republic of Kergstan is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Okja Nerkutoa with an even hand, and renowned for its pith helmet sales, smutty television, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 14.187 billion Kergstanis are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almatar. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Kergstani economy, worth a remarkable 1,964 trillion Tares a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 138,489 Tares, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Old fossils give the tours at the parliamentary museum, people who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned, murderers facing life in prison listen to long sermons on positive thinking, and Kergstanis are fixin' ta comma any way they wanna. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kergstan's national animal is the Ankili dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kergstan endorsed The Republic of Fieri.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Republic of Fieri.
- : Kergstan endorsed The United Socialist States of Urali.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Urali.
- : Kergstan's influence in The Communist Bloc rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Free Peoples of Stonia Loriel.
- : Kergstan endorsed The Caffeinated Confederation of Statesburg.
- : Kergstan endorsed The Free Peoples of Stonia Loriel.
- : Kergstan endorsed The Free Land of Newdenizland.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Caffeinated Confederation of Statesburg.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Likhinia, Karelianastan, Verdant Groves, Speckkuchen, Basilei, Khavsnoojevia, Carrico, Dacaro, Celedaria, Pangeaeae, Derlainde, International Socialist Union, Equlainne, Socialist United Republics, Republica Popular do Araguaia, Newdenizland, and Statesburg.