The Socialist Republic of Kergstan is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Okja Nerkutoa with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, public floggings, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.635 billion Kergstanis enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Almatar. The average income tax rate is 98.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Kergstani economy, worth a remarkable 1,308 trillion Tares a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 135,842 Tares, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tabloids publicly shun nurses for not calling home on the weekends, humble workers tempt fate for a taste of airline caviar, judicial torture is outsourced overseas, and the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kergstan's national animal is the Ankili dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Bibliophilius.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Vereinte Deutsche Foederation.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The United Federative Republics of Thessanara.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The United Communes of Garbynia.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Empire of New Mandoras.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Pajonia.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Sodoran Alesia.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Henkidonie.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Imperial Plumbus.
- : Kergstan was endorsed by The Iberian Workers' Republic of Alvandalus.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Shamian, Kethania, Blakkland, Marxmeans, New Soviet States of America, Socialist Union of Slavic Republics, Huelistan, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, The Tarpeian Cliffs, Phallas, Harthis, Karelianastan, Feyrisshire, Ubertas, United Soviets of the Socialist Republic, Ima, Kheshiga, Sipsin, New Astri, Rothnia, Luftetia, Bananorium, Fardahar, Thebrin, Kitchen Nation, Virgondo, The Steephills, Very Good Nation, The Tsardom of Muscovy, Alvandalus, Imperial Plumbus, Henkidonie, Sodoran Alesia, Pajonia, New Mandoras, Garbynia, Vereinte Deutsche Foederation, and Bibliophilius.