The Earth Republic of Kelmet is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Monroe with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, anti-smoking policies, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 18.25 billion Kelians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elysium. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kelian economy, worth a remarkable 3,759 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 206,010 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, in a fit of passion President Monroe has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Kelian Space Agency. Crime is totally unknown. Kelmet's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secular Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Popular Tourist Destinations and the Top 10% for Most Patriotic.
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Highest Workforce Participation Rate, Highest Disposable Incomes, Largest Information Technology Sector, and Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Kelmet's influence in The Pristine Wilderness rose from "Minnow" to "Ambassador".
- : Kelmet relocated from Balder to The Pristine Wilderness.