The Earth Republic of Kelmet is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Monroe with a fair hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 16.284 billion Kelians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elysium. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Kelian economy, worth a remarkable 3,417 trillion Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 209,838 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.7 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, in a fit of passion President Monroe has shredded thirty years' worth of petitions, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and 'To Regulate And Beyond' is the unofficial motto of the Kelian Space Agency. Crime is totally unknown. Kelmet's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Secular Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector and Most Scientifically Advanced, the Top 5% for Best Weather and Most Armed, and the Top 10% for Most Stationary.
- : Kelmet's influence in Ankh Mauta rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Kelmet's influence in Ankh Mauta rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth and Most Influential.
- : Kelmet was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
Endorsements Received: None.