The Constitutional Monarchy of Keeping Watch is a massive, socially progressive nation, renowned for its otherworldly petting zoo, pith helmet sales, and suspicion of poets. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.742 billion Keeping Watchians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The large government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 39.1%.
The very strong Keeping Watchian economy, worth 79.3 trillion rupees a year, is quite specialized and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 45,548 rupees, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 160,907 per year while the poor average 9,319, a ratio of 17.3 to 1.
Courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Keeping Watchians, five-year-olds chanting "Little Miss Muffet" are accused of bullying arachnophobes, the urinary fragrance of seedier establishments is thankfully hidden by the smell of stale smoke, and racial supremacists indulge their wildest fantasies in cinemas and theatres across the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Keeping Watch's national animal is the elephant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Keeping Watch's influence in The VaIIey rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Keeping Watch resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Keeping Watch's influence in The VaIIey rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Keeping Watch relocated from Artificial Solar System to The VaIIey.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Islamic Country of Honour TO 2.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Lunar Confederation.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Chadsibar Regiment 6.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire XXI.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Principality of Fauxia and his flags of many colors.
- : Keeping Watch was endorsed by The Colony of Dino3.