The United Kingdoms of Kaystein is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, national health service, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 868 million Kaystine are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Industry, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of SalemGate. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 34.5%.
The all-consuming Kaystinian economy, worth 101 trillion Quertz Russlings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Retail. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 117,177 Quertz Russlings, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
All technology must be personally blessed by religious officials before purchase, not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", and Leader has just been declared ruler of Kaystein in an international press conference. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaystein's national animal is the Cancer Parrot, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaystein voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Prevention of Mutually assured destruction".
- : Kaystein voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Common Territories".
- : Kaystein was endorsed by The United Regions of Glurponia.
- : Kaystein was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Kobagia.
- : Kaystein was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, Leader has just been declared ruler of Kaystein in an international press conference.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, all technology must be personally blessed by religious officials before purchase.
- : Following new legislation in Kaystein, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Alunya, Notyoutopia, The Rhein States, Shin-Hachioji, Bayern-Straubing, Territorio di Nessuno, Yaorozu, Loutsland, Elder Realms, The Black Cathedral, Trillius, Great Bights Mum, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Dreadton, Sunto, Sundred, Kwaj, Uganda Knuckles UK, Omnistria, Napnomadia, North Bratislava, Ethnon, Dar es Saalam, Test for a new hope, Koda-Land, Guer Aike, Loli County, Acrabinnia, Tsardom of Leonlandia, PlanetPunk, Castle Federation, Corfad, Sinelona, Former English Colony, Eriadni, Maott, Federation Terra Australis, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Shadowrik, Frances Francis the First of France, Steampunk Ariel, El Fiji Grande, Kasazzastan, Sheldanada, Spartoptia, Wineclaw, New Bremerton, Torakuen, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, and 27 others.Xentherida, Constantinolia, Miruma, Pasargad, Sil Dorsett, Amauri, Ejhsa, Ibiscaton, Lomjia, Justanistan, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Holy Oranz, Wilkshire, Black Templares, Siwale, Aratani, Makersaulache, Zumlandia, Valhalla123, Ttopa, Jasminlandia, Joodey, Free Azzaca, Transrawiyya, Kobagia, and Glurponia.