The Federal Republic of Kausalia is a tiny, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic, devout population of 12 million Kausalians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.7%.
The strong Kausalian economy, worth 656 billion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Gambling, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 54,678 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 184,747 per year while the poor average 11,969, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and employers may fire workers without giving any reason. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kausalia's national animal is the Lions, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kausalia's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Kausalia, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Kausalia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Kausalia, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway.
- : Following new legislation in Kausalia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Kausalia published "Kebebasan Publik" (Account: Diplomacy).
- : Kausalia was founded in The South Pacific.