The Thingy of Katyuscha is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Him with an iron fist, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 20.527 billion Katyuschans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cityville. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Katyuschan economy, worth a remarkable 2,569 trillion Munzes a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 125,159 Munzes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The Beasty is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the Katyuscha Blood Tithe, a recent law has banned homes from having any more than one wheel, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Katyuscha's national animal is the Beasty, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Whatever.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Katyuscha was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Katyuscha's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Katyuscha was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Katyuscha's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Katyuscha's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Katyuscha's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Katyuscha was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Katyuscha's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Katyuscha altered its national flag.
- : Katyuscha was refounded in Osiris.