The Republic of Kathlenia is a massive, genial nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.947 billion Kathlenians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. The average income tax rate is 78.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Kathlenian economy, worth 150 trillion Konds a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 38,006 Konds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation's prisons are touted as the best weight loss programs money can't buy, election ballot papers are so long that unused ones are recycled as toilet roll, the government only invests in infrastructure after a natural disaster, and peace talks occasionally rack up a higher body count than the wars they seek to stop. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kathlenia's national animal is the Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kathlenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Drop Your Pants".
- : Kathlenia was endorsed by The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Kathlenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Volcanic Activity Convention".
- : Kathlenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Interregional Recruitment".
- : Kathlenia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Santos-Dominius.
- : Kathlenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Border Policy".
- : Kathlenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the General Assembly".
- : Kathlenia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Conscientious objection to abortion".
- : Kathlenia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Advancement of Anti-Fascist Action".
- : Kathlenia endorsed The Robo Orangugrump of Papercuts and Skittles.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Sensorland, Cro Magnon, Kisovec, Fuentana, The Undivided, Fujai, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Holmani, IndyCar Racing, Giovanniland, Westwind, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Archonina, BIteland, Wickedly evil people, Liberillia, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Lodiberdade, Professor thomas, The North American Assembly, Morachia, Pandaland II, Leukogeras, Sirulinuck, Terra Socialiste, Zoran, Papercuts and Skittles, Santos-Dominius, and Nagaraningrad.