The Community of Kastricia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory vegetarianism, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 304 million Kastricians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Kastrician economy, worth 9.27 trillion foinikeses a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Tourism. Average income is 30,487 foinikeses, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Kastricia, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers', prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present, and school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kastricia's national animal is the bonobo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kastricia was endorsed by The Free Land of Masidley Comm.
- : Kastricia was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Plusquam verisimile est.
- : Kastricia was endorsed by The Federation of Swiss Hommousionopia.
- : Kastricia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Kastricia endorsed Fornisia.
- : Following new legislation in Kastricia, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Following new legislation in Kastricia, prisoners can't do number twos without their "toilet buddy" present.
- : Following new legislation in Kastricia, bombs are permitted on planes for the 'security of the passengers'.
- : Following new legislation in Kastricia, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Kastricia.
- : Following new legislation in Kastricia, frightened witnesses and seriously ill jurors wear the same handcuffs as the defendant.
Endorsements Received: 88 » Kot Unduk, Aelandi, Kurczak Mielony, Socialist Platypus, Free Azell, Supero Omnia, NewArizona, Lislandia, Covida, Ciapore, Cikilfia, Ziroxeut, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Liberto-Ancapistan, Mudreuque, Marchiaa, Dyrland, Libation Liberation, Kensaland, Corrinnesia, Cooler People, Charville, Gwan, Norcairnsiastrana, WeEathuman, Primis Tenebris, Synarchia, Pieistan, BarbieTingz, Gatorstan, Rex Omnia, Detro, Rheinland Empire, The ThirdReich, Cronaphe, Tolerian Empire, Granev, MacDonald Clan, Thuron, Yoyleberry, Hal-Lija, Brustates, Balan Bar, Naraval, FinalDelta, Zuhayrian, Vomvalyst, Billaabad, Terra Marter, Union of Saint Lyon, and 38 others.El Blurkistan, The International Workingman, Nueva Rico, Atila, Etowahe, Crionadh, Ruotsaland, Cle Brait, Zarland, Creditopia, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Saint Ceinwen, Nein Marosts, LEEEthanica, Great Austronisian Empire, Sindhi States, Pervincia, Greaterafrica, Cossack Sibir, Ostarossa, Nicobia, Belvisida, Oktadonia, Wakaru, Drakenz, Isle of StJames, Duby, Grenikstan, Covgrad, Bohseon, Ferranstra, Lucensia, Nuktuk, North Edmity, Vivenxistan, Swiss Hommousionopia, Plusquam verisimile est, and Masidley Comm.