The Republic of Kashtyria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Kusho Satukhin with a fair hand, and notable for its lack of airports, complete lack of prisons, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.031 billion Kashtyrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Teshmarakh. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The powerhouse Kashtyrian economy, worth 314 trillion sùms a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 103,794 sùms, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', and mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kashtyria's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kashtyria was endorsed by The Borderlands of Federal Republic of Kobanie.
- : Kashtyria was endorsed by The Democratic United Islands of Pellon Wesaurps.
- : Kashtyria endorsed The Country of West Xanathananos.
- : Kashtyria was endorsed by The Country of West Xanathananos.
- : Following new legislation in Kashtyria, mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field.
- : Kashtyria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Kashtyria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Kashtyria, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Following new legislation in Kashtyria, citizens who plan overseas vacations are barred from running for political office.
- : Kashtyria's influence in Sonindia rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".