The Kingdom of Kasanland is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by King Kronomon with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, pith helmet sales, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.627 billion Kaslishes are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Citadel. The average income tax rate is 75.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Kasanlandian economy, worth 74.8 trillion Kasas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 45,966 Kasas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested, frat-house partying has become the national pastime, the hills are alive with the smell of burning flesh, and photographs that show ladies' ankles are considered risqué. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasanland's national animal is the Tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kronosity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasanland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Kasanland's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, photographs that show ladies' ankles are considered risqué.
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, the hills are alive with the smell of burning flesh.
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, Animal Liberationists are regularly arrested.
- : Kasanland changed its national motto to "Kronos Maii gloriam perducamur".
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, getting caught with the wrong recipe book can get you locked up for 100 - 500 megaseconds.
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Kasanland, blind dates tend to result in bruised shins.