The Republic of Kasai del Sur is a huge, safe nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 669 million Kasais love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mbuji-Mayi. The average income tax rate is 64.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Kasai economy, worth 23.9 trillion Francos Kasaís a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 35,705 Francos Kasaís, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town, wildlife have trouble navigating the electric fences surrounding national forests, cars have been banned, and the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kasai del Sur's national animal is the Okapi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kasai del Sur was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Free Land of Eagle Crest.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Kingdom of Espeon LD.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Spiruvania.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The New Horizons of Greater New Cassandra.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Future Delegoose Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Empire of The Zand Dynasty.
- : Kasai del Sur was endorsed by The Democratic States of The Kulaata Islands.
- : Kasai del Sur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Kasai del Sur, the government confiscates candy from babies for 'the greater good' of the nation.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Mays Austrian Nation, Zukchiva, Oofery, Acronis, Debluu, VW53Aland, Axdel, Layngderfleethe, Rainbow Vests, Brotherland, Gunov, Dravida India, Dragons Blood, Republic of Berzerkistan, A mean old man, Tretrid, Staynes, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Santa Dystopia, Eastern Alksearia, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, Wallenburg, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Greater New Cassandra, Spiruvania, Espeon LD, and Eagle Crest.