The Communist Supernation of Karth Quanum is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by General Loakaso with an iron fist, and renowned for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.773 billion Karthians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zamdamala. The average income tax rate is 54.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Karthian economy, worth 55.3 trillion Waskaos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,200 Waskaos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun, wanting a better life for your child is prohibited by a clause in the criminal code, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm, and the nation forgives those who are big enough to admit they made a mistake. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karth Quanum's national animal is the Taskao Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Loakasoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Karth Quanum, the nation forgives those who are big enough to admit they made a mistake.
- : Following new legislation in Karth Quanum, diplomatic missions typically end with a flurry of childish insults, accusations and phlegm.
- : Karth Quanum changed its national capital to "Zamdamala", its faith to "Loakasoism", and its leader to "General Loakaso".
- : Karth Quanum changed its national animal to "Taskao Turtle".
- : Karth Quanum changed its national currency to "Waskao" and its motto to "Woduso am rei suano, reosan!".
- : Karth Quanum altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Karth Quanum, wanting a better life for your child is prohibited by a clause in the criminal code.
- : Karth Quanum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Karth Quanum's influence in The Infinite Steppes And The Gold Coast rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in Karth Quanum, power to the people comes from the barrel of a gun.