|Capital||Gondar - Kemet|
The Holy Empire of Kario and Nix is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 652 million Karnixions are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Administration, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gondar - Kemet. The average income tax rate is 49.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Karnixon economy, worth 87.3 trillion Kanixes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 133,857 Kanixes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain, vacationing Karnixions expect to be treated as royalty, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, and economists claim no news is good news. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Kario and Nix's national animal is the Grim Wyvern, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kario and Nix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed, Highest Average Incomes, and Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Kario and Nix endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Kario and Nix was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, economists claim no news is good news.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, vacationing Karnixions expect to be treated as royalty.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, veterans in wheelchairs are left waist-deep in rice paddies to gather grain.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, the Kario and Nix Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- : Following new legislation in Kario and Nix, all government communication requires the imprimatur of the Truth Police.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Fedele, Roissyland, H-Zhena, A Slanted Black Stripe, Axdel, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Brotherland, Pulmonaria, Izonno, Bachtendekuppen, SloveStates, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Tim Stark, Hizuru, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Janoobi Jazair, Republic of Berzerkistan, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, The Angel of Charity, Todd McCloud, Am Echad, TheRuthenians, Kilkire, Pakitsk, Astroa, Kingdom of Pars, Aleister, Funkadelia, The United Neo American Union, and Opossum Slayer.