The People's Republic of Kariforunia is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 531 million Kariforunians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Kyoto. The average income tax rate is 61.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Kariforunian economy, worth 20.4 trillion Yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 38,443 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Saying 'Hi Guys' to a mixed gender group of people at work is a fireable offense, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, and armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough. Crime is totally unknown. Kariforunia's national animal is the Salmon, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kariforunia was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Vikoland.
- : Kariforunia was endorsed by The Holy Blue of High Reiserland.
- : Kariforunia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Following new legislation in Kariforunia, armed war-criminals gain asylum if deemed 'fabulous' enough.
- : Kariforunia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Corporal Punishment Ban".
- : Kariforunia lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Kariforunia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend HumanSanity".
- : Kariforunia endorsed The Unrepenting Good Vibes of Chatula.
- : Kariforunia was endorsed by The Unrepenting Good Vibes of Chatula.
- : Following new legislation in Kariforunia, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Sylh Alanor, Melenavenia, Junitaki-cho, Floofybit, Cadenzana, Laisou, Araine, Typica, Chacapoya, Liphia, Tovenia, Tre Bia Land, Elenaraghaenaris, Imbault, Lower French Gregballs, Golden gateway, Nottinghaven, New Filippe, Narwhal, Sueloc, Michelland, Fracoda, Parapollacis, Koayo, Bapaving, Ciumbuleuit-Bandung, Vystrania, Inaros OPA, Valdonland, Eroias, Dyllonia, Ezopi, The Star Enpire, High Reiserland, and Vikoland.