|Leader||Prime Secretary Artyom Komissarov|
The Socialist Republic of Karevka is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Secretary Artyom Komissarov with an iron fist, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, national health service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.441 billion Karevkans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Korodvinsk. The average income tax rate is 80.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Karevkan economy, worth 366 trillion Karevkan Rubles a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,417 Karevkan Rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
Coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list, getting an autograph has become harder than ever, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Karevka's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Karevka's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Karevka's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Karevka was refounded in Osiris.
- : Karevka ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Karevka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Karevka was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Karevka was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Karevka's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Karevka's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Karevka's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".