The Republic of Kaptain lard is a huge, efficient nation, remarkable for its burgeoning Jesus population. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 675 million Kaptain lardians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The medium-sized, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Healthcare, and Welfare also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 17.0%.
The thriving Kaptain lardian economy, worth 31.8 trillion spittoons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 47,092 spittoons, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 166,692 per year while the poor average 9,605, a ratio of 17.4 to 1.
Military spending is on the increase, organ donation is compulsory, military spending recently hit a new high, and formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming. Crime is a problem. Kaptain lard's national animal is the Jesus, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaptain lard's influence in Finns rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Kaptain lard's influence in Finns rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Kaptain lard's influence in Finns rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Kaptain lard's influence in Finns rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Kaptain lard's influence in Finns rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kaptain lard relocated from The Rejected Realms to Finns.
- : Kaptain lard's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kaptain lard relocated from The Empire of united free nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Kaptain lard was ejected from The Empire of united free nations by The Cyber Republic of Adylica.
- : Kaptain lard's influence in The Empire of united free nations rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".