|Leader||The Oft Honorable Kingman Barstow IV|
The Wish You Were Here of Kaoss is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by The Oft Honorable Kingman Barstow IV with a fair hand, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.661 billion KaossiKs love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of tropiKalia. The average income tax rate is 98.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Kaossian economy, worth a remarkable 1,525 trillion KraKs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 176,156 KraKs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Arthritic surgeons with tremulous fingers reassure patients that they are in safe hands, official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave, and the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake. Crime is totally unknown. Kaoss's national animal is the Honey Badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is PolyNecroTheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaoss voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on International Oil Spills".
- : Kaoss was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Kaoss was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kaoss, the nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake.
- : Following new legislation in Kaoss, all mothers are allowed six months fully-paid maternity leave.
- : Kaoss voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Communal Confederacy"".
- : Kaoss was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Kaoss was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Kaoss voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Administrative Compliance Act".
- : Kaoss's influence in Spiritus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".