|Leader||Akarari Shikai II|
The Greatest Republic of Kanria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Akarari Shikai II with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, devout population of 1.841 billion Kanrians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanrihara Kakken. The average income tax rate is 90.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kanrian economy, worth 199 trillion Kauis a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 108,389 Kauis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Billions of Kauis are spent to take high-quality photos of the Cat Nebula, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low, Kanria has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories, and heavily-laden pregnant women are told they can manage. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kanria's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Karinoshi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, heavily-laden pregnant women are told they can manage.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, Kanria has been recently classified as an international menace after 'liberating' several nearby territories.
- : Kanria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "On Universal Jurisdiction"".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, billions of Kauis are spent to take high-quality photos of the Cat Nebula.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, plain-clothes police officers follow Dàguó tourists everywhere they go.
- : Kanria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Xoriet".
- : Kanria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Don't Kill the Poor Act".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.
- : Kanria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Todd McCloud, Aelitia, Aeneas Prime, A Slanted Black Stripe, Ye Olde Country of Yore, StarWarp, Catiania, Omnistria, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Oceanic Peoples, Arkantis, Kangarawa, Wendelandia, Pendragonania, Roissyland, Wiranath, Fraxhemark, Mogambotopia, Republic of Monarchists, District 28, Socialist Holy American Empire, Bachtendekuppen, Fedele, Wataga, Kosanx, Ver Norge, Conistria, Frititonia, Libertanny, Hussony, Someseni, Pax Unitum, Tretrid, The Nation Of Hope, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Izonno, Rhealaliit, ADOM, Boal Pey Sovelogland, Mutullah, The Happian Union, Midwestern States of USA, Merlovich, and Tim Stark.