The Greatest Republic of Kanria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Sahaka Ken with an iron fist, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, zero percent divorce rate, and smutty television. The compassionate, cynical population of 2.777 billion Kanrians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kanrihara Kakken. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Kanrian economy, worth 342 trillion Kauis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 123,411 Kauis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Factories grind to a halt every time there is an election, Sahaka Ken's speeches are beloved by insomniacs, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, and school lunches are made with hypo-allergenic wood pulp. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kanria's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Karinoshi.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, school lunches are made with hypo-allergenic wood pulp.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, Sahaka Ken's speeches are beloved by insomniacs.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Kanria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Darkesia".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, EULAs remind customers that "Private Mode" is a browser setting rather than a promise.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Kanria after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, corporate lobbying has been outlawed.
- : Kanria was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Kanria, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Todd McCloud, Aelitia, Aeneas Prime, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Arkantis, Kangarawa, Wendelandia, Pendragonania, Roissyland, Wiranath, Fraxhemark, Republic of Monarchists, Socialist Holy American Empire, Bachtendekuppen, Fedele, Ver Norge, Someseni, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Izonno, Rhealaliit, The Happian Union, Midwestern States of USA, Merlovich, Tim Stark, Dpispitir, Osterreich und Ungarn, Davelands, Lejon Stad, Gorbastan, British Calradia, Axdel, Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Goodnamesarerare, Republic of Berzerkistan, East Malaysia, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Mystic Forest, and TheRuthenians.