The Federation of Kannap is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Christopher Spencer with an iron fist, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.298 billion Kannapians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kannapolis. The average income tax rate is 80.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Kannapian economy, worth a remarkable 1,293 trillion Royal Kannapian Kronor a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 114,500 Royal Kannapian Kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The phrase 'spreading like wildfire' is no longer in the public lexicon, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes, fruit pickers with degrees in Nighthawk psychology are a common sight, and tourists often cite 'hiding money in an off-shore banking account' as their main reason to visit the nation. Crime is totally unknown. Kannap's national animal is the Nighthawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Church of Kannap.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kannap's influence in Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kannap relocated from The Delegation of Gallifrey to Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri.
- : Kannap lost the endorsement of The Federated Republic of Volitopia.
- : Kannap was endorsed by The Federated Republic of Volitopia.
- : Kannap's influence in The Delegation of Gallifrey rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kannap's influence in The Delegation of Gallifrey rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Kannap relocated from Catstantinople to The Delegation of Gallifrey.
- : Kannap's influence in Catstantinople rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Kannap relocated from The Great NS Expedition Headquarters to Catstantinople.
- : Kannap lodged a message on the The Great NS Expedition Headquarters Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.