The Contented Republic of Kangarawa is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Adrienne Miller with an even hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, strictly enforced bedtime, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cheerful population of 19.186 billion Kangarawans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tasman. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kangarawan economy, worth a remarkable 3,151 trillion Wazoos a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 164,257 Wazoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth, and future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kangarawa's national animal is the Tasmanian Devil, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Proferism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kangarawa endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Toussai.
- : Kangarawa endorsed The Kingdom of Kingdom of Nassau-Hesse.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, future forecasters fearfully discuss grey goo and human obsolescence.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, an epidemic of unpopped kernels causes movie goers to gnash their teeth.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands.
- : Kangarawa voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Kangarawa was endorsed by The East Pacific Delegate of Aelitia.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, cassocked priests and choirboys believe that what happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors.
- : Following new legislation in Kangarawa, social media sites go into shutdown for days at a time to censor user content.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Todd McCloud, Goodnamesarerare, Kaigi, Freedom Fascists, Fyrdowsi, Blazing Samaritan, Elkenian, The Romanum Legio, Lyontisia, Bad-tibira, Bai Lung, Duracell, Etiowsa, A Slanted Black Stripe, Kriov, Adolanta, Mundiferrum, Amselheim, Lanagon, Molzavar, Dragonia, The United Territories of Providence, Urimel, The island of Kiria, Trimmania, Baumdahl, Servants of Gizmo, Picos, Celebia, Radnia, Bachtendekuppen, Elejamie, EMS Conglomerate, Brotherland, Nabta Playa, Saladass, Blobbo, Kingdom of Favus, Slys Paws, Newpromisedland, Eurasian Socialist Federation, Abtracnt, New Leganes, Eagas, Bhattacharyaland, Moderate Utopia, Ktox, Roissyland, Mephistonia, Drunken Seal Islands, and 33 others.Ponyo, TethehAlla, Surfidonia, Survivoristan, Aenglaland, Maris Salis, Dudmun, Ethalria, Propwash, Staynes, Guj-Sec, Oceanic Peoples, Palidia, Eruopia, Tripartite State, Forodhar, Tenaltel, National Peoples Republic of the Tao, Eloparatimi, East Malaysia, Lin Manuel Miranda, The Broscan, Waldangelbach, Forked Tongue, Fraserya, Mexregiona, Robjtopia, Asendavia, The Atlae Isles, Lyruumica, Jadeistan, Nyaa, and Aelitia.