The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 27.493 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 8,291 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 301,576 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Noises louder than a whisper have been prohibited by law, groups of government workers are declared protected tribes if they venture too deep into the Capitol, royalist is the most offensive slur in the Kanaian language, and the ruling party has a devil of a time keeping order in the ranks. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Republic of Better Indonesia.
- : Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ozone Layer Protection".
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Ulterior Motives of Sygnafylki.
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Free Land of Mostly Idiots.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Free Land of Mostly Idiots.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Puffandria.
- : Kanaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn The Black Hawks"".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.