The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service, state-planned economy, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 26.439 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 8,075 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 305,434 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia's influence in Moonrunners rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Kanaia's influence in Moonrunners rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Kanaia removed Executive authority from the WA Delegate in NATO.
- : Kanaia removed Executive, Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls authority from the WA Delegate in NATO.
- : Kanaia's influence in Moonrunners rose from "Zero" to "Negotiator".
- : Kanaia lodged a message on the Moonrunners Regional Message Board.
- : Kanaia relocated from 10000 Islands to Moonrunners.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Seven Hills.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Federation of Auruh.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Completely Naked Islands of American Republic of Independent States.
Endorsements Received: None.