The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 25.31 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, liberal, outspoken government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Spirituality and Social Policy not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 7,787 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 307,696 Adrians, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Only AI know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, schoolchildren learn basic numeracy by counting off their push-ups, and the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Jack off a murder charge. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Kanaia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Anarchestan".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry, the Top 5% for Longest Average Lifespans, and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market and Highest Crime Rates.
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars rose from "Vassal" to "Handshaker".
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Kanaia's influence in Eternal Scholars rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Kanaia endorsed The Fearless Flying Frog Brigade of Fratt Armed Forces.
- : Kanaia endorsed The Enlightened Holy Republic of Altos.
Endorsements Received: None.