The Commonwealth of Kaltea is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its prohibition of alcohol, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 230 million Kalteans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Education, although Welfare, Social Policy, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 60.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Kalteic economy, worth 7.68 trillion coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Tourism, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,408 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Environmental legislation occurs cyclically, snap elections are called over every minor impasse, the main interest rates change daily based on the latest news story, and the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaltea's national animal is the sea urchin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaltea was endorsed by The United States of New Filippe.
- : Kaltea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, the main interest rates change daily based on the latest news story.
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Kaltea was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, environmental legislation occurs cyclically.
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Kaltea, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Kaltea was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Michis, Adawu, Ladita, Sylh Alanor, Applemarsh, Typica, Bus house, Junitaki-cho, Bey Land, Araine, Liphia, Tovenia, Fel Vudos, Tiralta, Tralfamdore, Haibaria, Floofybit, Remnants of the Pacific, Bobesville-Sholstine, Polushia, Narwhal, Vikoland, Aumbura, Porthosia, Skrunklyland, The Star Enpire, Froler, Astralania, Nangka, Caretakers and Clockwatchers, Axolotlta, Nottinghaven, Yondoria, Melenavenia, Aephony, Ecologiania, Ruhrrheinia, Nekhuser-Ra, Denimz, Delta Vega IV, Golden gateway, Czinsurz, The Pacific Northwest, Orangino, NEW VIJAYAPURA, Orfellie, Crialdenna, Portmanteau, Salzar, Jacobs, and 14 others.Far Anoglinlan, Duneraven, Desenteres, Jazur, Arin Graliandre, Androgyn, Sinya Arda, Rosadeu, The Bengal Region, Uitmuntendheid, Talmon, St Leone, Chatula, and New Filippe.