The Dominion of Kalla is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Founder with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.173 billion Kallans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tar Valon. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kallan economy, worth 148 trillion kronor a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,931 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists, meat prices are soaring as the farming industry struggle under government-imposed restrictions, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Tar Valon make great practice for foreign snipers, and extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalla's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, unwary hikers climbing the bluffs of Mount Tar Valon make great practice for foreign snipers.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, meat prices are soaring as the farming industry struggle under government-imposed restrictions.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, the tax agency is feared more than serial killers and terrorists.
- : Kalla voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, torture is commonly used to extract information from suspected criminals.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, coffee-addicted citizens look forward to baristas getting their name wrong at local coffee shops.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, saying "don't do anything that Supreme Founder wouldn't do" doesn't exclude a great deal.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Kalla voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
Endorsements Received: 70 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, New Cerveza, San Mazer, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Psikuta, Greynne, Pandaland III, DiscGolfLand, Wyndward, Dilber, Fujai, Tropical Isles, The United Republic of Westend, Twisted Duality, Kittenlicious, Cryland, Gryphonian Alliance, The Fourth Redoubt, Glorious Existence, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Ferroia, Atheist States of Philippines, Thyrall, Win Mints, Oronia, Archonina, The Unified Missourtama States, Recuecn, Oometz, Mathematania, Fallgriffin, Sindria, Shaktirajya, Common Good, Ellcrys, Papercuts and Skittles, Holmani, Triestine, Robbinston, Numpties, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Gastenburg, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Eienn, Plankstein, and 20 others.Q The Almighty, Hiems, Mediobogdum, Estriacea, Akshireuya, Saransh, Anuubis, The Antarctic Empires, Quevilis, Nas Crustium, Carvell, Troodan, Cro Magnon, Emark, Giovanniland, KenyaAA, Gracelantia, Hamburg Neo, Mercia Regnum, and Sirulinuck.