The Holy Empire of Kaledoria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Maraxus with an iron fist, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 18.058 billion Kaledorians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Röken. The average income tax rate is 8.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kaledorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,988 trillion Sceattas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,100 Sceattas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Kaledoria's national animal is the Grizzly, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Levantinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kaledoria's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kaledoria was refounded in Balder.
- : Kaledoria ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Kaledoria's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".