The Holy Empire of Kaledoria is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Maraxus with an iron fist, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, compulsory military service, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 16.622 billion Kaledorians are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
The relatively small, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Röken. The average income tax rate is 8.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kaledorian economy, worth a remarkable 1,830 trillion Sceattas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 110,103 Sceattas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
All new "spies" are fifteen-year-old acne-ridden kids on computers, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, and science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Kaledoria's national animal is the Grizzly, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Levantinism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kaledoria's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kaledoria's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Kaledoria was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Kaledoria ceased to exist in Osiris.
- : Kaledoria's influence in Osiris rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Crime Rates and the Top 5% for Most Cultured.
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements and Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Kaledoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.