The Federation of Kalebo is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 870 million Kaleboans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Paix. The average income tax rate is 73.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Kaleboan economy, worth 30.1 trillion Kalebs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 34,590 Kalebs, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Banning party poppers has been a real party pooper, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, running away is an essential part of the elite forces' hand-to-hand training, and the dartboard at the Kaleboan Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalebo's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalebo's influence in Groland rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Kalebo, the dartboard at the Kaleboan Cancer Research Charity bears a picture of Leader's face.
- : Kalebo relocated from Osiris to Groland.
- : Kalebo altered its national flag.
- : Kalebo was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Kalebo applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Kalebo was refounded in Osiris.
- : Kalebo ceased to exist in Groland.
- : Kalebo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Kalebo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
Endorsements Received: None.