The Free Land of Kalaratri is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, public floggings, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 690 million Kalaratrianis love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xenophon. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Kalaratrianian economy, worth 56.5 trillion Kelantanese dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. Average income is 81,894 Kelantanese dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected, one does not simply walk into the tundra, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, and the nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalaratri's national animal is the Rattenkönig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalaratri was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, the nation's weary schoolchildren excel at sport but must count scores on their fingers.
- : Kalaratri endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Kalaratri was endorsed by The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, undergrads find their professors' mushroom experiments less psychedelic than expected.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Kalaratri was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Smartest Citizens and Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaratri, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Fedele, Pulmonaria, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Brotherland, Bachtendekuppen, Izonno, Axdel, Pakitsk, Hizuru, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Mundiferrum, Goodnamesarerare, Tim Stark, Aelitia, Rhealaliit, Wiranath, Janoobi Jazair, VW53Aland, Someseni, BearStackof2015, Davelands, Ravendi, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Lanagon, EnderShnovia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Angel of Charity, Todd McCloud, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Unger under over, Am Echad, Marrico, Drunken Seal Islands, TheRuthenians, Ver Norge, Adavan, Survivoristan, Adolanta, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Kilkire, The Underwood Industrial Empire, The Holographic Expanse, Kagorg Bra Corna, CheeseBurrito, Stellar Colonies, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Kucia, Roissyland, and 30 others.Superior Indonesia, Elejamie, The Empire of Rijelv, Justice-Becoming, Kangarawa, Arkantis, Anecho, Stoyania, Astroa, Propwash, Kingdom of Pars, Sansangra, Solarfall, Cameronia Excellentia, Ribanzi, Urimel, Freedom Fascists, Wizardonia, Aleister, Funkadelia, Arberinopolis, Talitoa, ReeK, Dragonia, CopyCato, Kaigi, Harro Waarudho, The United Neo American Union, Bytes, and Opossum Slayer.