The Syndicalist Union of Kalaascovy is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Harry Steel with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.032 billion Kalaascovi love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, socially-minded, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Healthcare, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taqorsburg. The average income tax rate is 72.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kalaascovian economy, worth 641 trillion Dragon Coppers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 127,577 Dragon Coppers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, cows graze until the wolves come home, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime is totally unknown. Kalaascovy's national animal is the Antarctic Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kalaascovy, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaascovy, cows graze until the wolves come home.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaascovy, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaascovy, captains must wait until all rats are safe before jumping ship.
- : Following new legislation in Kalaascovy, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Kalaascovy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Benevolent Thomas".
- : Kalaascovy voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use".
- : Kalaascovy lodged a message on the Balugata Regional Message Board.
- : Kalaascovy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed and Largest Governments.
- : Kalaascovy lodged a message on the Gypsy Lands Regional Message Board.