The Democratic Republic of Kaanstan is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Big owo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.047 billion Kaanstanians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of owostanbul. The average income tax rate is 77.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Kaanstanian economy, worth 192 trillion owomiums a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 94,012 owomiums, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Ambitious "businessmen" use their children to sell and advertise their products, owostanbul is a police state during international summits, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap, and modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kaanstan's national animal is the local Slain, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kaanstan, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Kaanstan, the government's giant servers are often used as a tourist trap.
- : Kaanstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Kaanstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Kaanstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Kaanstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Kaanstan, owostanbul is a police state during international summits.
- : Kaanstan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Kaanstan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Kaanstan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".