|Leader||President Laura Neumann|
The Republic of Jyzeria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Laura Neumann with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 15.391 billion Jyzerians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Industry also on the agenda, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Valencia. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jyzerian economy, worth a remarkable 2,402 trillion Jyzes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 156,130 Jyzes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It's considered providence that the political lexicon contains a syrup of company slogans, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals, and teen parties are often ruined by wet blanket chaperones. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jyzeria's national animal is the Peregrine Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Violet.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jyzeria's influence in Jyzeria fell from "Dealmaker" to "Instigator".
- : Jyzeria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Jyzeria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Jyzeria's influence in Jyzeria rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Jyzeria updated the World Factbook entry in Jyzeria.
- : Jyzeria altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Jyzeria, teen parties are often ruined by wet blanket chaperones.
- : Following new legislation in Jyzeria, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Jyzeria, the people elect the Supreme Court justices directly.
- : Following new legislation in Jyzeria, it's considered providence that the political lexicon contains a syrup of company slogans.