The Community of Jute is a colossal, socially progressive nation, renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, museums and concert halls, and national health service. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.329 billion Juteans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 97.5%.
The powerhouse Jutean economy, worth 841 trillion Scores a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 114,884 Scores, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Euthanasia is illegal, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, wigged-out hunters report playing croquet with the Queen of Hearts, and elevator music has been replaced by thrash metal played at maximum volume. Crime is totally unknown. Jute's national animal is the honey badger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jute approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Child Firearm Safety Act"".
- : Jute's influence in Renegade Islands Alliance rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Jute approved the World Assembly proposal "Nuclear Rights and Responsibilities Accord ".
- : Jute was endorsed by The United States of Quartum Publica Romanorum.
- : Jute was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chimer.
- : Jute approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Rights of the Quarantined"".
- : Jute rejected a request from Andarios for an embassy with Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Jute rejected a request from Archdymia for an embassy with Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Jute rejected a request from Kingdoms of Abisa for an embassy with Renegade Islands Alliance.
- : Jute rejected a request from Nazi Imperialist Japan for an embassy with Renegade Islands Alliance.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Xhuxhania, The Lowlands and Saxony, New Lorien, Tierra de Madre, Evolution Land, Eist, Bentria, The Confederation of Sense and Compassio, Sudclers, Darenne, The Northern Cresent, Nicklebak, Flowrisa, Terrastine, New Alossa, Dogeia, Riveti, Iceland-Greenland Union, Timothia, The Republic of Pluck, Domini mortis, Cathorcea, East Drewtopia, Sahin the Falconland, Zillaskia, Southern Southerland, The Unified Northen Nations, Dansha, Teinaravia, Republic of Dastelaria, Richteria, Golexald, The Liberated States of America, Holy Holidays, Libertaria Democratia, Starlight Kween, The Fourth Moon of Yavin, The Noviosyus, The Kerguelen Archipelago, Rinos, Miloscia, Billropa, Soranato, Helleniak, Kzaria, Pirate Republic of Lindaniel, Kalorhia, Chimer, and Quartum Publica Romanorum.