The Township of Junitaki-cho is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.59 billion Junitaki are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Administration, Welfare, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bifuka. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Junitaki economy, worth 110 trillion wools a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Basket Weaving industry. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 69,466 wools, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bris parties are all the rage, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, it's been a banner year for local vexillology, and knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Junitaki-cho's national animal is the sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Junitaki-cho was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Junitaki-cho was endorsed by The Queen Of the Waltz of Feu de Glace.
- : Junitaki-cho was endorsed by The Holy Blue of High Reiserland.
- : Junitaki-cho endorsed The Holy Blue of High Reiserland.
- : Junitaki-cho was endorsed by The United Kingdom of Vikoland.
- : Junitaki-cho voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Elections".
- : Junitaki-cho lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Junitaki-cho voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Corporal Punishment Ban".
- : Junitaki-cho endorsed The Endless Quest for Trout of Chatula.
- : Junitaki-cho was endorsed by The Endless Quest for Trout of Chatula.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Sylh Alanor, Melenavenia, Chacapoya, Michelland, Narwhal, Elenaraghaenaris, Laisou, Skanatavria, Cadenzana, Nottinghaven, Tovenia, Liphia, Araine, Golden gateway, Gamelan, Typica, Nekhuser-Ra, Turtle Island Coalition, Sueloc, Ellamaa, Lower French Gregballs, Kariforunia, Imbault, Fracoda, Parapollacis, Koayo, Valdonland, Vystrania, Bapaving, Inaros OPA, Eroias, Ekmek Pain, Coninglon, Galluping Chestnut, The Star Enpire, Vikoland, High Reiserland, and Feu de Glace.