The Republic of Joseph World is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Tod with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, pith helmet sales, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 5.703 billion Josiphians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The large, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skyhall. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 93.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Joseph Worldian economy, worth 825 trillion Gils a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 144,776 Gils, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 669,506 per year while the poor average 18,887, a ratio of 35.4 to 1.
Corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, Quagsiums are frequently shot for looking at people 'in a funny way', and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Joseph World's national animal is the Quagsium, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Joseph World was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, Quagsiums are frequently shot for looking at people 'in a funny way'.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly.
- : Joseph World endorsed The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Joseph World was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.
- : Joseph World was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, corporations cut costs by taking away safety-features on their products.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Skyhall Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Joseph World, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
Endorsements Received: 121 » Shin-Hachioji, Siwale, PlanetPunk, Atain, Unimaginable Doom, Great Bights Mum, Agrauron, Corfad, Sunto, Bayern-Straubing, Selfgradatude, Notyoutopia, Territorio di Nessuno, Kwaj, Universal State Formula, Mordant99, Diodone, Omicron Persei V111, Mzeusia, Gladio II, Yaorozu, Ka Ching, Buckerino, Mirandako Herri Errepublika, Shadowrik, Albacria, SchoolHouse Rock, Puczovska, Wineclaw, Frances Francis the First of France, Ozstan, Kingdom of Space, SillyString, Shibutani, Pallaith, Holy Oranz, The Windmilluminati, Midds Conia, The Kyziban Islands, Underground Techno, Q w e r t y, Novare Res, Get Away From Me, Guslantis, Thenaca, Malta Comino Gozo, General COE, Yukti, Sil Dorsett, New Seaview Cove, and 71 others.Illusia and Neverendia, AGoodPlace, Californian Redwood, Snoodum, Pizza Squared, Malvad, Constantinolia, THX1138, McMasterdonia, The Free Californian People, Western Alexandria, New Lakemba, Lower Nubia, Moubarakistan, Llwy, HMS Unicorn, Former English Colony, Mahsoobia, Sheppey, Koda-Land, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Victoriaans Nederlands, Misuvelia, Kylesburgh, Killbear, New Cataria, Anarchy for people, Highton Islands, Apetopia, Wisconsota, Tredano, Batdaviea, Empy, United Republic Greliser, Lake Flotillas, Eravonia, The FNBs, Kulgatha, Takumisan, Shentia, Whereisthatistan, Unsophisticate, Racoda, Sacrento, The Gamer Party, Walist, United Draconia, Zyrimar, Quranite, Sanjurika, The Mace Kingdom, Suicidistan, Deropia, Jest Xerces, Zeternia, Sundred, Anarchic Proportions, Varagog, Liberentis, Astal Aavors, RaRaRasputinn, SORT, Zokk, Wildthorne, Ethnon, The United States of Romania, Alsace and Lorraine United, Waterma, I am the one who knocks, Sahriastan, and The Pantheons.