The Kingdom of Jonica is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Conner Copeland with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.081 billion Jonicans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Education, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and International Aid aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xion. The average income tax rate is 61.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Jonican economy, worth 286 trillion Marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 137,539 Marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crow sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, immigrants who don't like the taste of Jonican Turnip Chips are immediately deported, they say insanity is torturing the same citizens over and over again and expecting a different result, and families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jonica's national animal is the Crow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jonica was endorsed by The Pontifical Republic of Sancta Romana Ecclesia.
- : Following new legislation in Jonica, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Jonica, they say insanity is torturing the same citizens over and over again and expecting a different result.
- : Jonica endorsed The Red Menace of Lormia.
- : Jonica endorsed The Totally Rad Time Traveler of Altino.
- : Jonica endorsed The Hidden Closet of The Wayfarer.
- : Jonica was endorsed by The Red Menace of Lormia.
- : Jonica was endorsed by The Totally Rad Time Traveler of Altino.
- : Jonica was endorsed by The Hidden Closet of The Wayfarer.
- : Jonica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 31 » Elvaeia Regnum, Fuzzbuckets, Takura, Erroria, Sanjikurisa, Laniron, Beansburrow, Takh Avros, Pratiloma, Cannabish, Empirical Switzerland, Ardainius, Second Mars, Hanneria, Grandidierite, Krishna Rashtra, Robo Communism, Levont, Maximalist, Doorkingtonia, Audysey, Canis Lupus Familiarus, East Borgia, WhateverMaaaaan, Austria TwoPointO, Lurmenia, The Litterbox, The Wayfarer, Altino, Lormia, and Sancta Romana Ecclesia.