The Commonwealth of Jiria is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Dwight with an even hand, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, national health service, and aversion to nipples. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 3.518 billion Jirians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ruha. The average income tax rate is 46.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jirian economy, worth 584 trillion Keynes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 166,163 Keynes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume, the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people, the government spends billions to protect Jiria from a disaster that is one in a million, and nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jiria's national animal is the Philipine Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jiria was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Bailsland.
- : Jiria was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Republic of Osea.
- : Jiria was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Jiria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Jiria was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : Following new legislation in Jiria, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids.
- : Following new legislation in Jiria, the government spends billions to protect Jiria from a disaster that is one in a million.
- : Jiria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Jiria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Restrictions On Blood Sports".
- : Jiria was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Armatha.
Endorsements Received: 49 » The Soylent Green Party, Wysrod, Dustwind, Anollasia, Karlando, New Fania, Echocrimsonia, PYT, Nooooooooooooooo, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Tapperhed, Socialist States of East Antarctica, Grimmywelsh, Tindomelia, Free Land of Rebellium, Oyste, Aspistania, Evonidiche, Lamborghini Murcielago, Northern Nivaria, Spncrgmn, Libertaritaritaritaria, Zyrcrestia, Anisopterra, Isentran, QuazaFire, Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, Randopian, Dorohan, Neojinkotsu, AciaciaMont, Chocolate Coookies, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Pianaville, Everrettannia, Histerrion, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, Xemja, Leprechaun Gold, Vivolkha, Armatha, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, The Republic of Osea, and Bailsland.