|Leader||Prime Minister Nanhua|
The Technocracy of Jikook is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister Nanhua with a fair hand, and remarkable for its digital currency, ban on automobiles, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.019 billion Jikookies are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jiko. The average income tax rate is 69.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Jikookie economy, worth 52.8 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 51,791 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality, and it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jikook's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jikook proposed constructing embassies between Donjia and Bigtopia.
- : Jikook lodged a message on the Donjia Regional Message Board.
- : Jikook lodged a message on the Uniodemicona Regional Message Board.
- : Jikook was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Jikook changed its national leader to "Prime Minister Nanhua".
- : Following new legislation in Jikook, it is believed that belligerence is a passing phase foreign leaders will soon outgrow.
- : Following new legislation in Jikook, there is a growing belief that consciousness is a simulated illusion within a computer-generated reality.
- : Following new legislation in Jikook, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed.
- : Following new legislation in Jikook, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Jikook created a custom banner.