The Republic of Jetsia is a huge, socially progressive nation, ruled by The people with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 819 million Jetsians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winterton. The average income tax rate is 69.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Jetsian economy, worth 80.5 trillion Jets a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 98,324 Jets, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities, and road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jetsia's national animal is the Dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jetsia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Jetsia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Greater Thessaloniki.
- : Jetsia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Libertanny".
- : Jetsia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Jetsia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "World Assembly Headquarters"".
- : Following new legislation in Jetsia, road signs are getting harder to read under layers of knitted woolen cardigans.
- : Following new legislation in Jetsia, hordes of faceless civil servants are running cities.
- : Following new legislation in Jetsia, traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways.
- : Following new legislation in Jetsia, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- : Following new legislation in Jetsia, flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Imperium Anglorum, Invernessia, North of Americas, Eco-Paris Reformation, Irminsulia, Maalat, Trixeland, Regnum Italiae, Elisabethshagen, The Champions League, Saint Domingo, Mynox, Meropis, Abject Ludicrosity, Yahlia, Apabeossie, GanymedEuropa, New Eestiball, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Gliesetonia, Ausvelt, Northern German Federation, Godefargen, Thracia Republic, Republic of Satherland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Nardin, Jim the Baptist, Kanokla, St Scarlett, Destyntine, Thracia and Crimea, Zulrich, Dark Matter, Othenhiem, San Guglielmo, Daulle, Nomaida, The Scandinavian Realm, Valtrona, The New Nordic Union, Eppur, Libertandonien, New Skandenivia, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Walfo, Hulldom, Bareu, Freyana, Gutarike, and 14 others.Warzakie, Deftern, NorthPortugal, Malgdonia, Slavorussia, Wombelland, Noristoniaka, Kyrica, Quebris, Gorgano, The Federal States of Ezasao, Scytharum, Greater Icelandia, and Greater Thessaloniki.