The Iroquois Confederation of Jeruk is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Karahkwa with a fair hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 4.871 billion Iroquois enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hiawatha. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 12.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Iroquois economy, worth 466 trillion Iroquois Pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Retail. Average income is 95,677 Iroquois Pounds, with the richest citizens earning 6.6 times as much as the poorest.
The roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, Jeruk has designated Hiawatha as its capital city, Karahkwa has just been declared ruler of Jeruk in an international press conference, and Secular has been named as Jeruk's national religion. Crime is well under control. Jeruk's national animal is the Beaver, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Secular.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jeruk's influence in Niamark rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jeruk lodged a message on the Niamark Regional Message Board.
- : Jeruk changed its national capital to "Hiawatha".
- : Jeruk's influence in Niamark rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Jeruk's influence in Niamark rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Jeruk changed its national leader to "Karahkwa".
- : Jeruk changed its national leader to "Karahkwa Erhar".
- : Jeruk altered its national flag.
- : Jeruk changed its national animal to "Beaver", its capital to "Haiwatha", its currency to "Iroquois Pound", its demonym to "Iroquois", its demonym adjective to "Iroquois", its faith to "Secular", and its nation type to "Iroquois Confederation".
- : Jeruk's influence in Niamark rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".