The Dictatorship of Jertia is a large, orderly nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, punitive income tax rates, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 95 million Jertians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Jertian economy, worth 2.59 trillion jertian marks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. Average income is 27,279 jertian marks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Throwing a sickie is a serious crime, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, the stock market has been destroyed for its own protection, and the government keeps its thumb on the scales of justice. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jertia's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jertia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jertia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jertia relocated from The Free Nations Region to The Rejected Realms.
- : Jertia was ejected and banned from The Free Nations Region by The Democratic Republic of Crystalsummer.
- : Jertia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Jertia, the government keeps its thumb on the scales of justice.
- : Following new legislation in Jertia, the stock market has been destroyed for its own protection.
- : Jertia was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Psychotic Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Jertia, the government is slowly introducing social welfare programs.
- : Following new legislation in Jertia, throwing a sickie is a serious crime.