The Empire of Jerlandien is a huge, safe nation, notable for its zero percent divorce rate, ubiquitous missile silos, and prohibition of alcohol. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 231 million Jerlandienians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 29.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Jerlandienian economy, worth 15.6 trillion Josus a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 67,660 Josus, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Many marriages go virtually unconsummated, the Sloth is a protected species, extreme political groups are outlawed, and Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jerlandien's national animal is the Sloth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, Maxtopian Grass flags adorn every college dorm room.
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, extreme political groups are outlawed.
- : Jerlandien was reclassified from "Conservative Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, the Sloth is a protected species.
- : Jerlandien was endorsed by The Republic of Reighfyl.
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, many marriages go virtually unconsummated.
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, anyone can get ahead in life if they want to.
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Jerlandien voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Following new legislation in Jerlandien, bike rage is all the rage.