The ERROR 404 - TITLE NOT FOUND of Jeckland is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Jeck Hitchkin with an even hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 9.042 billion Jecklanders have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rack City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 58.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Jeckish economy, worth a remarkable 1,288 trillion Chezzes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 142,553 Chezzes, with the richest citizens earning 7.3 times as much as the poorest.
The opposition leader's credibility has been undermined by constant attention drawn to a dodgy toupee, political candidates recite daily pledges of loyalty to their chosen party, the country routinely whitewashes uncomfortable parts of its history, and pollution is on the rise along with government approvals of fracking projects. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jeckland's national animal is the Spud, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jeckland's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jeckland relocated from Lazarus to Esportiva.
- : Jeckland was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Jeckland ceased to exist in Esportiva.
- : Jeckland's influence in Esportiva rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Jeckland's influence in Esportiva rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Jeckland's influence in Esportiva rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Jeckland's influence in Esportiva rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Jeckland relocated from Balder to Esportiva.
- : Jeckland was refounded in Balder.