|Leader||Raja Raja Cholan|
The Russian ally of Jayankondam is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Raja Raja Cholan with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and compulsory military service. The cynical population of 923 million Jayankondamians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Jayankondam. The average income tax rate is 36.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jayankondamian economy, worth 108 trillion Kaasus a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 117,577 Kaasus, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Raja Raja Cholan is strangely popular with male politicians' wives, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, and parking lots are littered with coffee cups and doughnut crumbs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jayankondam's national animal is the cobra.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jayankondam was endorsed by The Random Pretitle of Kringalia.
- : Jayankondam was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Jayankondam, parking lots are littered with coffee cups and doughnut crumbs.
- : Following new legislation in Jayankondam, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days.
- : Following new legislation in Jayankondam, military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames.
- : Following new legislation in Jayankondam, Raja Raja Cholan is strangely popular with male politicians' wives.
- : Following new legislation in Jayankondam, left-wing militias train children how to properly burn down banks.
- : Jayankondam was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Jayankondam was endorsed by The Le Tercere Republice Federal of Taigama.
- : Jayankondam was endorsed by The Shadowy Empress of Farengeto.
Endorsements Received: 34 » The British Isles and The North Sea, Corgitopiaa, ARIAPOLIS01, Holota, Ever Testing, Shadeth, Chernaya Zvezda, Volaworand, Amerion, Yaravia, Tepertopia, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Wehraboos, Eleuthelrium, Arscanesia, Beblahbleblo, Sismite, Aidenfieeld, Dugrezke, PenguinPies, Bleakfoot, TescoPepsi, Ebonhand, Great Lothian, Esterwood, Driodal, Tsunamy, Jilymoavirli, Farengeto, Taigama, and Kringalia.