The Democratic States of Jauseil is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 731 million Jauseilans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thejlokad. The average income tax rate is 76.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Jauseilian economy, worth 51.0 trillion Kxoras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 69,777 Kxoras, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prison visits increase substantially during election years, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies", economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society, and one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber. Crime is totally unknown. Jauseil's national animal is the raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jauseil was endorsed by The Free Land of Merres.
- : Jauseil was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Jauseil lost the endorsement of The Scarlet Republics of Redternetia.
- : Following new legislation in Jauseil, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber.
- : Jauseil was endorsed by The Free Land of Umpavia.
- : Jauseil lodged a message on the Pan Posadists Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Jauseil, economic output is rising as the chronically depressed are persuaded not to burden society.
- : Following new legislation in Jauseil, the nation was recently voted "most likely to betray its allies".
- : Following new legislation in Jauseil, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Jauseil's influence in Pan Posadists fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".