The Conquering Socialist Empire of Jatma is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Conmar Contreras with a fair hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.18 billion Jatmen hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lestrange. The average income tax rate is 77.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Jatman economy, worth 142 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 120,540 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines, small towns have started burning historical buildings in hopes of attracting tourists, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby, and Jennifer Government is a bestseller. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jatma's national animal is the tortoise, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, Jennifer Government is a bestseller.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, wealthy parents-to-be can select their perfect baby.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, small towns have started burning historical buildings in hopes of attracting tourists.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, being impolite in public is punishable by heavy fines.
- : Jatma was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Healthiest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, citizens are strongly encouraged to breathe less so as to limit the carbon footprint.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, people seem disproportionately distraught when told a museum has a phones-off policy.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, textbooks are exactly twice as heavy as they used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Jatma, it is often said that only Conmar Contreras could bring down Dàguó.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Gorzi, Pontusia, Josephtan, Fredonion, Ormantum, Runegeist, Ierna, Reatilber Soclistice, Angea, Venkara, Concol, Corsoaua, Of NUGE, HELLLLL, The Evile Empire, Turkmennoland, Ascendancy of Heria, Mazamason, Metania-Sol, Heisenbee, and Wad Thelan Sysky 1.