The Democratic Republic of Jamtland-Trondelag is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.109 billion Jamtland-Trondelagians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ístersund-Trondheim. The average income tax rate is 91.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Jamtland-Trondelagian economy, worth 145 trillion kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 131,084 kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more, every workday begins with group therapy, and all smart devices are under the control of the all-seeing AI. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jamtland-Trondelag's national animal is the Moose, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, all smart devices are under the control of the all-seeing AI.
- : Jamtland-Trondelag was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, people believe that if you teach a man to fish he won't buy fish from you any more.
- : Jamtland-Trondelag was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector, Most Popular Tourist Destinations, and Most Inclusive.
- : Jamtland-Trondelag endorsed The Commonwealth of Phanama.
- : Jamtland-Trondelag endorsed The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Leader's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Jamtland-Trondelag, the recital of citations that follows any political speech can be longer than the speech itself.
Endorsements Received: 74 » Quiescent, Erinor, United States of Vietnam, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Hanguk-Nippon, Volaworand, Tsunamy, Luddinlande, Kringalia, Linguiniland, Jehenna, Tsvetania, Northendia, New Briantown, Paranoia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, Farengeto, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, UnShleepd, Elveka, Liberated Lambergs, The National Corporation, Mirutania, Aywhyou, Macrothea, Anachronolandia, Shengtie, Isokenzar, Barabarom, Rebel-topia, Noveos, Mythcrest, Saciu, Lorora3, Sandaoguo, Agalaesia, Grouu, USNE2018, Kroumos, Xandev, Midand, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Lambdaland, Darbor, Birdkeeper, Vincent Field, Nankyoku Tairiku, and 24 others.Maletora, Land Without Shrimp, Jahass, Wehraboos, The Filippinas, Academy of Umbrellas, The Dragon Enclave, North Catimestistrianes, Akindom, Ostanasia, Empire of the Western Woods, Dasko, Stoniamera, Asdfghuiop, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Ariankido, Churumduul, Abarri, Unidum, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, New Juan Carlos Land, Chocholand, and Phanama.