The Lights Went Out of Jakker City is a colossal, genial nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 9.465 billion Jakker Cityians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 61.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Jakker Cityian economy, worth 214 trillion Francoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 22,672 Francoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, a major religion has been named as Jakker City's national religion, Leader has just been declared ruler of Jakker City in an international press conference, and Jakker City has designated Jakker City City as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jakker City's national animal is the Daxter, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jakker City rejected a request from Castocium for an embassy with SECFanatics.
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Jakker City rejected a request from Traveling Wilburys for an embassy with SECFanatics.
- : Jakker City was banned from Bir Tawil by The Imperiled by None Community of Hair.
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Jakker City suppressed a post on the SECFanatics Regional Message Board.
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics rose from "Negotiator" to "Dealmaker".
- : Jakker City's influence in SECFanatics fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Negotiator".