The Lights Went Out of Jakker City is a colossal, safe nation, renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 7.402 billion Jakker Cityians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Jakker Cityian economy, worth 181 trillion Francoes a year, is quite specialized and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 24,482 Francoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate, Jakker City's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, education and welfare spending are on the rise, and Jakker City is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jakker City's national animal is the Daxter.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jakker City's influence in Draco Empire rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Jakker City's influence in Draco Empire rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Jakker City's influence in Draco Empire rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Jakker City's influence in Draco Empire rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Jakker City proposed constructing embassies between Draco Empire and The Black Hawks.
- : Jakker City established the regional flag of Draco Empire.
- : Jakker City added the tag "Invader" to Draco Empire.
- : Jakker City updated the World Factbook entry in Draco Empire.
- : Jakker City resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Jakker City appointed Jakker City as dw with authority over Appearance, Communications, and Embassies in Draco Empire.